In his book, Leader Shift, John Maxwell reminds leaders that the environment we are on today is not necessarily the environment we will be in tomorrow. It is always changing. In order to stay ahead of the change, every leader most makes “leadershifts”.
Below are a few key takeaways:
- You should position yourself to being able to make change.
- The future is coming faster than ever before, and technology, social media, and the rate of change won’t slow that down.
- To stay ahead, you must see more than others and see before others.
- What are you going to do differently?
- What is your ability to motivate staff and others to work well to accept and facilitate change?
- Every advance you make as a leader changes the way you THINK, ACT, and LEAD.
- You can’t stay the same in a world that doesn’t stay the same.
- Sometimes we fight and struggle with the inevitable.