My absolute favorite breakfast cereal is Raisin Bran. I also absolutely love Bran Muffins. So I decided it would be a great idea to put the two together. What resulted was a delicious breakfast muffin that everyone in our family loved.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 muffin paper liners
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spray 8 muffin paper liners with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix well
- Mix in oil, egg, and sugar.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in tin 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack; let cool completely, or serve warm.
This recipe was adapted from another recipe online.
Checkout this Idea
One of the best finds I’ve found for making muffins or cupcakes is the OXO brand sillicone reusable muffin baking cups. I discovered this on a trip to Target once and use them on a weekly basis. While paper muffin cups aren’t cheap, these eliminate the need to spray the cupcakes or muffins with oil. Additionally, the muffins come out so easily and look beautiful on a plate. I’ve used these reusable muffin cups at least 30 times now in the diswasher, and they still look new. I highly recommend adding them to your baking supplies if you don’t already have a set.
Save to Pinterest