For the last four days I’ve been decorating the house for Christmas while my daughter and husband are off on a mini-vacation together. Somewhere between listening to Alabama sing Christmas in Dixie and hanging the last stocking over our pretend Christmas fire place, it happened. I got the urge to have Eggnog.
As I headed to the store this morning to purchase a quart of the Silknog (which I prefer because it offers the flavors and smells of the season with much less sugar and calories … aka GUILT-free-ish).
Then it dawned on me. While Eggnog is delicious, Eggnog cheesecake is like biting into a piece of heaven. Later tonight my husband and daughter should be arriving home from the trip, and I thought it would be the perfect way to kickoff the start of our holiday season together.
If you find yourself craving a tasty holiday treat that’s not typically served around the holidays, the Eggnog Cheesecake recipe below will not disappoint.
- 9-inch deep-dish graham cracker crust
- •2 – 8 oz regular cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Silk Nog
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and nutmeg until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl
- Beat in vanilla and Eggnog (note, adding Eggnog 1/4 cup at a time as you mix it in helps to avoid sloshing disasters)
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Pour mixture into prepared crust
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Let cool completely
- Chill and serve