My three year old daughter loves fruit, but put a vegetable in front of her and she will go on a hunger strike. There are times I just want to bang my head against the wall as I try to get her to eat healthy.
My daughter also loves to help me bake. So when I discovered a “Carrot Oatmeal” cookie recipe, I had to try it. I didn’t have the food processor gadget, but I was still able to make the recipe work with utensils from around the house.
And the master plan worked. Hiding carrots in the cookies she helped bake was an easy way to sneak a vegetable into her diet. We now call these “Hidden Carrot Cookies”.
Hidden Carrot Cookies
1 medium carrot
4 pitted dates
1 medium ripe banana
1 cup old fashion oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Peel and fine shred carrot
4. Soak dates for five minutes in hot water
5. Finely chop dates
6. Mix all ingredients on high speed for about five minutes (until well mixed)
7. Roll mixture into balls and place on baking sheet
8. Flatten balls to resemble cookies
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Save this Recipe to Pintrest by Using the Image below…